Training for actors, dancers, and artists to access body awareness, stage presence, and creative opening. All workshops designed for professional artists with some previous background in movement, dance, or body awareness.
- April 21, 6-9pm
- April 22, 6-9pm
- April 23, 12-4pm
- April 24, 12-6pm
Yumiko Yoshioka was a founding member of the first all-female butoh group Ariadone and has been instrumental in bringing butoh to Europe: first with Ariadone in Paris in 1978 and then in Germany with her group Theatre Danse Grotesque (1988-1994). She has toured and taught extensively in Japan, Europe, Russia, Israel and both North and South America and presently is based in eastern Germany where she runs the group TEN PEN Chii with visual artist Joachim Manager and musician Zam Johnson.
The main focus of this workshop is to do conscious research of our body/mind/soul, so that we can enjoy the process of metamorphosis through the spirit of dance. Yumiko’s background in Butoh, Noguchi Gymnastics, Yoga and Juken (chinese soft martial Arts) fill her with inspiration and flowing energy.
- release exercises, inspired by Noguchi Taiso (Gymnastics), Taichi and Hatha Yoga
- breathing exercises
- dynamic training for the flow of energy
- Butoh-related work to activate our universal memories
(sensitization, combination of image and movement with antenna exercises
such as figure of 8, water ball, animal, insect, snake, witch and fairy,
the creatures inside us, hanging body, walking, dialogue with a partner etc)
- structured improvisation, free association
FULL INTENSIVE RECOMMENDED
- Early Bird Registration Discounts Available Until April 7 ($185)
- All 4 days (16 hours): $210
- Individual class tickets available! Use code: 34rlyb1rd for 10% off until April 7
$45 each/or two nights for $80
$60 /or the weekend for $130
$85 /or the weekend for $130
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Payments for this workshop are non refundable, non transferrable.